Your email sign up incentives (or lead magnets) are the first professional impressions you have with your email subscribers.
Therefore, online lead generation should be treated with the same level of preparation as a job interview.
As outlined in the Graceful Resources product Interview Angel, job applicants who are organized, confident, and professional get hired.
If your email sign up incentives appear amateur due to avoidable mistakes like grammatical errors, they will likely cost you trust in the minds of potential business leads.
As the old adage goes, you never get a second chance to make a first impression.
Your Reaction to Errors in Email Sign Up Incentives
Consider your reaction to email sign up incentives like free guides or discounts that have misspellings or poor grammar. The errors may appear in any of these critical components for email sign up incentives:
- Landing page
- Blog post
- Opt-in Form
- Autoresponder Welcome Message
- The actual Lead Magnet
How likely are you to then trust an actual product offering from the same website?
Your email sign up incentives and the corresponding opt-in form processes do not have to be perfect.
But they do have to be professional.
A great resource to double check your online spelling and grammar for email sign up incentives is Grammarly. This online resource can be easily connected to a Chrome browser, for example, so it checks your writing in progress and notifies you of any errors as you type.
15 Grammatical Errors to Avoid in Email Sign Up Incentives
For your quick reference on sign up incentives is a popular infographic from the good folks at Copyblogger – the company behind the Rainmaker Platform (the software platform used to run this website).
This infographic outlines 15 common grammar goofs that make your email sign up incentives look silly (and amateur).
Other Resources for Your Email Sign Up Incentives
- Lead Magnet Project (an interactive online project for professionals building relevant email lists)
- Lead Magnet Survey (share your own opinion about email sign up incentives and discover what other entrepreneurs recommend)
- Lead Magnet Guide (5 essential characteristics for email sign up incentives)
- Lead Magnet Examples (Graceful Resources email subscribers can add their own web address for free)
- Recommended Website and Email Software Resources (you’ll also discover why these resources are recommended)
Cheering for your online success – one project step at a time!