Acuity Scheduling is an online scheduling tool for any business that needs to regularly book client appointments.
Behind the popular software application is Acuity, a quirky software company based out of New York City. Acuity was started by software developer Gavin Zuchlinski to help his mother better handle appointments for her massage therapy business. Today, Acuity supports over 50,000 businesses.
This quick Acuity Scheduling review is based on the following key business requirements for a Graceful Resources client:
- Business leads and returning clients can schedule their own appointments online – based on available time slots.
- Information about clients is captured via an online form.
- Appointment confirmations are immediately sent out at time of booking.
- Appointment reminders are sent out automatically via email and text.
- Clients can reschedule their own appointments – as long as it is done outside of a specific timeframe (e.g. changes must be done at least two days before the appointment).
- Clients will be charged a fee if they no-show.
- Multiple appointment calendars for one business.
- Software must be easy to use by clients and by the business.
Acuity Scheduling Review
With these business requirements in mind, Acuity Scheduling software was put to the test for Graceful Resources client Rita Lynn Gilman, a professional fastpitch softball instructor.
After a couple weeks of configuration and testing, all of these requirements were successfully met with Acuity Scheduling.
Acuity offers a solid online knowledge tutorial base to guide you along, and when you got stuck on a couple process steps, the Acuity customer service team is very helpful via their ticket system. You should expect a response via email within one business day. Their responses are always fun and helpful.
The following seven praiseworthy features stand out for this Acuity Scheduling review.
Acuity Scheduling gives businesses the ability to:
- Trigger different emails internally and to the client based on which calendar is booked.
- Re-use custom forms for any calendar.
- Combine multiple forms into one appointment flow.
- Customize email notifications (great for cross-branding).
- Equip their clients with the power to update their own online profiles.
- Capture but not charge credit cards (great way to charge people for no-shows). You can also give clients the option to prepay for appointments online.
- Integrate with email marketing services like ConvertKit – see ConvertKit Discount: Free Month of More (Plus 8 Benefits).
Acuity Scheduling is free to try out for two weeks. After the trial, the cost is very reasonable based on your business needs.
Here is a breakdown of the costs for this Acuity Scheduling review:
Note: The plan used to meet the business requirements outlined in this Acuity Scheduling review is the Growing Business plan.
Acuity Scheduling Review – In Summary
While several WordPress scheduling plugins (plus other scheduling applications) were considered initially for this project, only Acuity Scheduling could fulfill the requirements – at least on paper.
When the software was actually put to the test and questions were successfully addressed by Acuity customer support, it proved that Acuity Scheduling was the right fit.
You can preview the process flow for Acuity Scheduling by visiting my Acuity Scheduling Help page. I loved the software so much, I became one of the first Acuity Certified Experts (ACE) in the world!
If your business also handles client appointments (in alignment with the business requirements outlined in this post), you should test out Acuity Scheduling for free for 14 days. The software interface is fun to use and in the end, client appointments and reminders are processed seamlessly.
Hope this quick Acuity Scheduling review helps your online business goals.
Note: The link in this post to Acuity Scheduling is an affiliate link. There is no extra cost to you and if you start using Acuity, you are encouraged to set up an affiliate account with them too. I’d recommend Acuity even without an affiliate program.