WPForms is branded as the most beginner friendly WordPress contact form plugin in the market.
While that may be the case, WPForms (sponsored link) can do a lot more for your online lead generation strategy than a simple form for your website contact page.
(There is a lite version of the WP Forms plugin that allows you to set up a standard contact form on your site for free.)
The full-featured WP Forms plugin is classified as a premium WordPress plugin and as such, it is not free.
To unlock the advanced lead generation features though, WP Forms plugin will likely cost you between $99 and $199 per year.
You can compare the features by pricing model via the WPForms website, and you may also determine the Pro level at $199/year is the smart strategic investment based on your online goals.
When visiting the WPForms website for the first time (or after clearing your browser cache), you are likely to see a WPForms discount for 20% off using coupon code (e.g. SAVE20) at the top of the page.
The Pro level is what is used and recommend by Graceful Resources. Six notable benefits of WPForms are noted below for your quick reference in this WPForms review.
WPForms Review: 5 Praiseworthy Benefits
1. Form Templates (Pro Level)
WPForms includes a lot of standard forms out of the box, so to speak.
In addition to a simple contact form, there are templates for:
- Donation Form
- Billing/Order Form
- Suggestion Form
- Request a Quote Form
The new WPForms Templates Pack Addon also unlocks 100 new pre-built form templates, such as:
- Girl Scout Cookie Order Form
- Meeting Room Registration Form
- Party Invitation RSVP Form
- Conference Registration Form
- Support Ticket Form
2. Conditional Logic (All Levels)
Conditional logic lets you hide or show fields in your form based on other user entries.
3. Drag & Drop Form Builder (All Levels)
Like Typeform, WPForms lets you easily drag and drop entries into and out of your form.
All forms are then mobile responsive meaning the forms adjust automatically to the size of the user’s screen.
If this is the first time you are designing forms for your own WordPress site, the drag & drop feature is a welcome start to the entire form setup process.
4. Stripe Integration (Pro Level)
WPForm’s direct integration with Stripe lets you process credit card transactions directly in your website form.
A SSL Certificate is required on your site to process credit card, but as a best practice today, your entire site should be SSL encrypted.
Stripe integration is not difficult to set up and once in place, WPForms offers an efficient way to process customer credit card orders on your website.
5. Multiple Addons (Varies by Level)
WPForms is a WordPress plugin that has available plugin addons to enhance the capabilities of the software.
If you are on the Pro plan, all the addons are available at no additional cost.
Here are some available addons:
- Direct MailChimp, AWeber, and GetResponse Addons (unfortunately there is not a ConvertKit addon at this time – see ConvertKit Discount: Free Month or More (Plus 8 Benefits) if you would like to try out ConvertKit – the email service used and recommended by Graceful Resources).
- Zapier Addon (Zapier does allow you to create a WPForms and ConvertKit connection).
- Blog Post Submissions Addon (creates a pending draft of blog post without the need to set up a guest author on your WordPress site).
- Form Abandonment Addon (captures partial entries from your forms).
- Signature Addon (lets users sign forms with their mouse or a touchscreen).
6. Great Customer Service
WPForms is run by the same company that runs OptinMonster (see OptinMonster Review: 10 Reasons to Give OptinMonster a Try).
The company provides great video tutorials and when you get stuck, you can submit a support ticket.
Response time – in my experience – is same day (including weekends) and always helpful.
WPForms Review – In Summary
WPForms isn’t the only WordPress form creator on the market.
But it is arguably the most user-friendly and flexible.
If your business goal is to process online leads and transactions through your website, WPForms is worth a close look (you can try it out risk-free for 14 days).
An investment of $199/year (and potentially less with a new customer WPForms discount) will hopefully lead to a clear return on investment for you.
You will quickly discover you can do a lot more with WordPress forms than a simple contact form.
Other Resources for Your Lead Generation
- Lead Magnet Guide (5 essential characteristics of a lead magnet)
- Lead Magnet Survey (share your own opinion about email sign up incentives and discover what other entrepreneurs recommend)
- Lead Magnet Project (an interactive online project for professionals building email lists)
- Lead Magnet Examples (Graceful Resources email subscribers can add their own web address for free)
- Recommended Website and Email Software Resources (you’ll also discover why these resources are recommended)
Cheering for your online success – one project step at a time!